“Tomorrow's Not Promised”Categories: Christian Principles
By: J. Raymond Pecoraro, Wooddale Church of Christ
(I received this in my email and I thought it was worthy to share with our readers. It contains common-sense sayings and God's answers to mankind's doubts. Please enjoy and take them seriously too).
Prayer is the best way to draw strength from heaven. Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind. You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
God always gives the best to those who leave the choice to Him. A hug is a great gift … one size fits all. It can be given for any occasion and it's easy to exchange.
God determines who walks into your life … it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go!
(Here is a handy little chart for you to print and place where you can get to it when doubt begins to set in. It has God's positive answers to your negative view of yourself … read and enjoy).
1. You say that it is impossible. God says all things are possible. (Luke 18:27).
2. You say that you are too tired. God says He will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28:30).
3. You say that nobody loves you. God says that He loves you. (John 3:16, 34).
4. You say that you can't go on. God says that His grace is sufficient for you. (II Cor. 12:9, Ps. 91:15).
5. You say that you can't figure things out. God says that He will direct your steps. (Prov. 3:5, 6).
6. You say that you can't do it. God says that you can do all things. (Phil. 4:13).
7. You say that you are not able to. God says that you are able. (II Cor. 9:8).
8. You say that you're not worth it. God says that it will be worth it. (Romans 8:28).
9. You say that you can't forgive yourself. God says that He will forgive you. (I John 1:9; Rom. 8:1).
10. You say that you can't manage. God says that He will supply all of your needs. (Phil. 4:19).
11. You say that you are always afraid. God says He has not given you a spirit of fear. (II Tim. 1:7).
12. You say that you are always worried. God says to cast all of your cares on Him. (I Peter 5:7).
13. You say that you're not smart enough. God says that He will give you wisdom. (I Cor. 1:30).
14. You say that you feel alone. God says that He will never leave you or forsake you. (Heb. 13:5).
Remember tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Therefore it is imperative that we all live our lives as if today is our last here on earth.
Heavenly Father, please bless all of your people in whatever it is that you know they are lacking this day! And may each life be filled with your peace, prosperity, and power as we all seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen!